Mafraq Key Informant-khawada
Economic Issues: No assistance aid.
Teaching kids dropping out of school in her house because of
passion and because of her
own experience of dropping out of school.
Low quality job
Working in cleaning houses and cooking for people.
Story:”I worked with the man that was
managing a prostitution network, she was offered to see a man for once and he
pays her 50 J.D when he sees her, when he asks for a second time she refuses.
And so on until she get large amount of money”.
Quote: “Working in houses exposes me to harassments”.
Emotions: Exploited
Prostitution job offers.
Story: “Women I know asked me to come to
her house because she’s looking for a better job, when I went there was a man
there gave me directly 50 J.D then he offered me to work in their network by
convincing me that you could still be married & without your husband
knowing”
Emotions: Scared
Job options aren’t safe
Her husband was shot in Syria & he worked in construction
here in Jordan once he felled and then he stopped working.
Harassments & Abuse:
Having no options in life:
She gets beaten by her husband but she doesn’t want to leave
him because if she will be under her family’s authority again.
Quote: “In this community working in houses
and entering stranger’s houses would allow people to think that she could offer
prostitution”.
Sexual abuse:
Story: “She was exposed to sexual abuse by
an Egyptian man, he bothered her for weeks until she went to the police station
and they said that this isn’t our case you should go to the Family Protection
Department then her case was referred to the court. He admitted in front of the
judge. Then the judge asked her to forego her right she refused.
After this she started getting threatening phone calls and he
threatened her personally. Few days later the secret agency came to her home
and took her with her husband, they told her that the Egyptian man wrote a
report that she’s dealing with ISIS.
Story: “Person working for the church was
providing her assistance as mattresses
and washing machine (Shammas). Once he came to my house to give me washing
machine, when we were alone he tried to kiss me”
Bad psychosocial support counseling
Story: “She kept giving me the feeling that
I might be lying, going back to what I said before and arguing with me instead
of listening to me.
” I won’t provide you magic”.
“I ask for assistance from Syrian families in Ramadan from
people that don’t have food”.
Quote: “UNHCR & NGO’s are responsible
of people’s bad situations and the hatred between Syrians”.
Emotions: no good feelings toward NGOs (Unsatisfied).
Comments
Post a Comment