Skip to main content

Ziad - 2017-10-10- Mafraq -KII

Mafraq Key Informant-Ziad
         Voluntary activities:
-       Volunteer with Jordan Red Crescent in Ajouan.
-       With Care in 2013 for 6 months as a community liaison
-       member in the community support committee UNHCR
Quote: “My objective of finding was to get income”
Jordan is the best place to go compared to other close countries to Syria.
Story “I came to Jordan from Egypt because they have the same cultures and I won’t feel stranger”
I HAD A PHONE CALL FROM TURKEY BECAUSE PEOPLE STARTED KNOWING ME. They offered me to be in Peace Initiative as a Peace Initiative Ambassador in Jordan.
Work permits are for specific jobs
Story: “I worked as an accountant in Alwane Bank for 6 months then stopped because they asked for work permits that could not allow me to work in such section”.
Unstable jobs:
Story: “Working with NRC in house renovation project, they did for 2 months and they stopped”

Cutting off contracts suddenly:
Story: “I worked in Makeni NGOs, for 6 months after 6 month once I came to my job in the morning and they apologized saying you can’t work anymore because you are Syrian these orders are from the Canadian Embassy”. (I THOUGHT IT’S UNTRUE)
Emotions: I felt so bad until this day, my self-confidence was damaged.
I refused immigration
Discrimination and Exploitation
The local communities have power

Story:  “I opened a fruit shop with a Jordanian partner I brought fruits from Syria, I did a cherry deal with one of the distributers in Syria & when the container arrived the partner asked to leave and paid me 5000 J.D although he will benefit more than 100,000”.
Response: “I was afraid that he could ruin my reputation and starting to make up stories so I agreed and took the 5000 and left, the deal was monitored by lawyer and formal papers for all to sign to prevent exploitation to happen to the Syrian driver
Quote: “Racism is ruling our lives here”


Education:
Discrimination & exploitation in schools

“On Saturday’s girls clean schools”
Unqualified teachers:
Story by his son: “Our English teacher came the first day & told us I’m not an English teacher I’m a Civil Engineer”
Quote: “Education in Mafraq is a big challenge even for Jordanians “
Unsustainable funds:
Story: “I did a small project with a partner where we opened a small institutions to give strengthening classes for kids, but we couldn’t proceed because there isn’t stable fund’
Quote: “Internet ruined our kids it’s unrestricted in addition of No activates for youth all”

Deportation:
Story: “A man I know was working in renovation project and he worked for a long time and he was supposed to be paid 200 J.D, then the owner wrote a report to the secret agencies accusing the man that he works for ISIS and he is related to terrorists, so he & his family were deported to Syria”.
      Corruption in official departments & NGOs:
“Most of the NGOs are opening projects not to assist people but to benefit themselves”.
“A lot of donors give money to people so they distribute it to vulnerable families, but what they do they write fake names and get all the amount money for them
50   or each family but gives 10 or she writes fake names and give nothing”.
Quots: ” The quran reading institute are all ways of collecting money from donors but they never offer assistance to people”.
Story: ”Whenever we want to renew our IDs we go to the police station and we get number 1 in the line but we could stay for ours waiting because families know the police man enter directly and get their IDs”.
Bad Targeting:
Quote: “No activates for youth all the activities or micro projects are for women, I know a lot of them that take the money and spend it on their homes because this is their priority”









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8.10.2017. Mohamed Mofeed. FGD Male Adult Amman

Interviewers: Aya + Farah Date: October 8, 2017 Location: Marka Comm. Liaison: Mohammed Mofeed Male/ Boys FGD Amman - A man who was unregistered was working informally; the colleagues protected him at first. But once he got promoted, the authorities were called on him. He ended up quitting/leaving.   Fear of authorities impact work - Asking for disabilities equipment’s takes a long time. And even after waiting his application was rejected. The stated reason was that his case was not severe enough according to medical file. Despite the fact that his leg was amputated his application was rejected.   Delays in delivery of aid – unjust decisions – bad system - After being denied the wheelchair his crutches broke and he asked for new ones. He was unable to walk without them but it still took them more than two weeks to provide him crutches.   Delays – bad system -- As a disabled child, 16 years old, he was attending different activities and cours...

ISLAM- FGD - 2017-10-12

ISLAM FGD Education University: 7 were all university students 6 of them ungraduated, 1 in techno and others in Yarmouk There were some differences in the required registration papers between universities -        Difficult registration papers : Quote : “We are asked to provide the universities formal papers from Syria and it’s unrealistic to ask for papers from Syria as we ran from there”. Story: I was asked for papers from Syria and what I did was contacted an office here in Jordan that facilitates formal papers and could do paper work in Syria through contacts inside Syria. Slow procedures in embassy Story: I went to the Syrian embassy for 1 weeks and they are too slow to provide services.              Economic issues               Causing students not to proceed with their university study.    ...

Mafraq - KII - Khawada - 2017-10-10

Mafraq Key Informant-khawada Economic Issues: No assistance aid. Teaching kids dropping out of school in her house because of passion and                                because of her own experience of dropping out of school. Low quality job Working in cleaning houses and cooking for people. Story :”I worked with the man that was managing a prostitution network, she was offered to see a man for once and he pays her 50 J.D when he sees her, when he asks for a second time she refuses. And so on until she get large amount of money”. Quote: “Working in houses exposes me to harassments”. Emotions : Exploited Prostitution job offers . Story: “Women I know asked me to come to her house because she’s looking for a better job, when I went there was a man there gave me directly 50 J.D then he offered me to work in their netw...